Sunday, August 5, 2012

Where You Are Now Is Not Where You Will Be In The Future

      As I start this blog entry, I realize I have so much to be grateful for. Maybe this is what bothers me about people in general. There seems to be less gratitude than ever before. I realize that some of this is because we are all overwhelmed with various issues in life. If you think about it, this is not the first time in history that world has faced economic issues, greed ran the planet or that politicians are out of touch with reality and the citizens are having to deal with these issues. We did have the Great Depression after all. The difference was that most people who went through it were grateful for every thing they had and every day they were given. Looking at my life over the past decade, I have realized that, I too have not always shown gratitude. It is not that I was not grateful, its that I forgot to let it show because I got so wrapped up in life. When I look back on it, life happens. There's good and bad. Usually the bad is because I allowed someone else's crap to interfere with what I should have been focusing on. 


      So again I am at a cross roads of sorts. It is easy to complain about what I do not have or whatnot. A wise person once told me that " All you have to do in life is be true to yourself and do right by your kids if you have them." " The rest is optional." Really thinking about this statement is like having an ephany. Could life really be this simple? Well it is if you realize that this statement does not mean that you should be out for yourself only and never help another person or that you should achieve your goals at the expense of other people. What it means is that you have to really look at what you want to accomplish and where do you want to go in life. So often we settle for less and get to an age where we think that something is no longer achievable because we are too old to do it. We then give up. Well, I have decided that no longer will I get caught up in that trap. No one has the right to tell someone else that they can not do something or that they are too old to take that journey. As I walk this journey, I will be grateful for all that help me along the way. For where I am now is not where I will be in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment